I had a great holiday experience today that I just had to share. After spending a great afternoon adn evening with my family and my grandma, visiting from Ohio, I made my way to the local Starbuck's. I pulled through the drive thru and what did I find...The Christmas menu with holiday script, beautiful pictures of christmas pastries, and last but not least the beloved Peppermint Mocha!!!!! My heart leaped with joy and a smile came across my face that made my cheeks hurt. I ordered my Tall Nonfat Peppermint Hot Chocolate and drove around not phased at all by the cost of this sweet surprise. As I pulled around yet another wonderful find, snowflakes, red Christmas travel mugs, snow covered Christmas trees and the delectable Christmas blend coffee. As the bartender greeted me I smiled and said "It's Christmas overnight" yes ma'am he replied saying that they started at 8pm last night and decorated all night. To my delight I took my drink payed my bill and said "tis the season " as I drove away. My first sip of this holiday drink did not disappoint and I had to call my mom. All you siestas out there know what I mean when I say that!!
Enjoy my sweet friends and let the true JOY of the holidays fill every place of your heart. He did come to give you life and that more abundantly and this is a great time to remind yourself of that truth even if your emotions and circumstances seem to scream at you the opposite. You are not alone and my prayer is that we see His faithfulness to us as we look at the traditions all around us that warm my heart like it did this evening. He topped my great day off with a sweet little bonus that let me know he even cares about the simple things in life that remind me of times when I was surrounded by His promises being fulfilled. Muscle memory is an amazing thing. Let yourself be reminded of the ways He has touched you in years passed and ways He came through when you were sure all was going to fall apart!!
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment