Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Meditations this week

I am reading quite a few books right now and I felt it was time to quote a few that keep me occupied throughout the day.

"Mindlessly do the bells of secular celebrations jingle for Christmas. Meaninglessly do carols repeat their tinny joys in the malls of America. No richer than soda pop is every sentimentalized Christmas special on TV. Fearless is the world at play with godly things, because Godless is at its heart."
Walter Wangerin Jr.-Preparing For Jesus-Meditations on the Coming of Christ, Advent, Christmas and the Kingdom


"If I teach my son to keep his eye on the ball but fail to teach him to keep his eyes on Christ, I have failed as a father. We must refuse to allow trivial, temporal pursuits to interfere with the main thing. Making the team is a tremendous achievement; however, it must be put in it's proper perspective. No sports endeavor will ever be as important as becoming man or women of God."
Voddie T. Baucham Jr.- Family Driven Faith-Doing what it takes to raise sons and Daughters who walk with God

"
You may have left much to follow Christ, dear reader; you may have believed on him, and worked for him, and loved Him, and yet you may not be like Him. Allegiance you know, and confidence you know, but not yet union. There are two wills, two interests, two lives. You have not yet lost your own life that you may live only in His. Unless we are Christ like in our thoughts and ways, we are not one with Him, no matter how we feel. Once it was I and not Christ; then it was I and Christ; perhaps now it is even Christ and I. But has it come yet to be Christ only and not I at all??"
Hannah Whitall Smith- The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life


3 comments:

Luanne Dietz said...

Hey girl, I was just randomly looking over my blog and I never saw the comment you left about the Christmas photo until now. if you still haven't taken one I would love to do it for you.. My fee.. A BIG HUG! miss you! let me know what your schedules like!

Unknown said...

Hi! Your family is beautiful!

I got your comment about the apron. Thank you for the sweet encouragement.

I would love to sell you an apron! However I am up to my eyeballs in Christmas projects right now. If you are still interested in January I would love to get back with you!

Let me know what you think...

kellie

Luanne Dietz said...

Hey little lady.. Sunday looks good for me... how does that sound for yall?! give me a call and we'll talk about it! *HUG*