Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Our potted garden

Katherine and I have been talking about a garden for at least two months. We decided to plant after vacation but then vacation was moved to June. With it being so hot here in Ga I thought we should wait until after our new vacay to plant. We got home last Saturday and this Saturday we went to Home Depot and got started. Being 7 months pregnant we took somewhat of an easy road and got organic peatpot plants. We were able to put them right into the soil and the kids are enjoying watering and picking some of our herbs. Larry put Cilantro in his salad today for work.
The best part of our trip to The home Depot was the rain. We were outside at the Nursery and the rain started pouring. Evan, Katherine, and their friend Hannah ran around and got soaked! They were laughing and splashing and just having a great time.
Planting our Basil-for fresh omlettes!!
That is the peatpot-this is a great invention.

I don't know if you can tell but Katherine is having a hard time here letting Evan have his turn. From above it looks sweet but any mom knows that sharing the beloved watering can hurts!!
This is our Zucchini squash


Husky Cherry tomatoes, Cilantro, Zucchini and Sweet Basil

3 comments:

Whittaker Woman said...

We are getting tomatoes off of ours now. It is so much fun! H

Luanne Dietz said...

Sounds good.. I'm in Florida until the fourth.... but any time after that...

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I love your garden! And it looks good too!