Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hillcrest Farms

In September I had the cousins come for a long weekend. I had a great time planned for all and we started with the Yellow Daisy Festival on Friday. Saturday we woke up early and drove North to pick some apples at Hillcrest Farms. I knew that they would be having extra events like milking the cow, pig races, clogging and of course hayrides. We were there all day and came home that night to celebrate Sean's first birthday with family and friends. To say I was tired would be an understatement!





After being a part of this race I will never be the same. They named each pig...Angelina Jowlie, Elvis piggly, Brad pig just to name a few. They spray painted each back and asked for kids from the audience to be the pig jockeys. Olivia and Katherine were both chosen. Olivia's pig won!


Olivia's prize...sugar on a stick.

Kylie and Amberly were with us for the weekend and said their favorite part was the funnell cakes at the Yellow daisy festival.
We took a ride through the apple orchard and returned to see a group of cloggers on the stage while we ate.


We had a great time and had wonderful weather. The orchard will definitely be a place we visit in the future.

No comments: