OK ~ I would love to write everything I lost but I am going to make it quick so I can go to bed and try again tomorrow.
Over the weekend Larry went to the town of Tala. It is considered Upcountry. The Kenyans refer to anything outside of the city as Upcountry. He said that it was a beautiful drive that reminded him of going to visit his grandparents farmland in Alabama when he was a child. There are little towns every 10 - 20 miles and you can see the occasional thatched roof hut. Most of the buildings were cinder block similar to ours, only rougher. You can see a mountain range off in the distance and the landscape is scattered with bushes and Acacia trees. Towards the end of their trip they only had dirt roads where they would often pass a herd of cattle or goats.
They held meetings primarily for the youth in the town of Tala and one of the girls(17 yrs. old) on their trip spoke during the meetings. Larry said that she was a very powerful speaker! She caught the attention of the youth there and found a gifting she really didn't know she had. Larry said his favorite part is hearing the people raise their voices in unison to sing praise to God!!
Monday and Tuesday they will be leaving early to drive 5 hours to the Masai Mara Park. Here is where the "Exotic Expeditions" will take them on the Safari. These adventures normally cost around $3000. Marcia(team leader) has brought so much business to this group over the years that they give her an incredible discount, it only costs the team $300 a person. Larry has his camera ready and I can hear him smiling as he wrote about the pictures he can't wait to take.
Please continue to pray for their health and safety as they finish up the trip and prepare to head home. They have all been touched in their hearts by what they have seen and experienced and it will be bittersweet to leave and come home.
The kids and I are good. I was a little short tempered today but Katherine is going to go to VBS this week and I know she will love it. Evan misses his daddy I can tell because every time I get on the floor he wants to rough house with me. Uncle Ret came over Sunday night and I think it helped the little man. Thank you for all of your prayers and encouragement.
1 comment:
Hey Charlotte,
Thanks for visiting my blog. You have been a great helpmate for your husband as he has been overseas. I bet you can't wait for him to get back! Hope you enjoyed the mountains again. Take care! -kari
Post a Comment