Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Enduring

Romans 5

1Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. 3And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. 6For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Now that I am 3 days away from my due date and I NEVER thought I would go this long there have been some crucial times of leaning upon the Lord and His truth for my everyday needs. Just a few things that have gotten me through:

Friday- exhausted from a night full of contractions, aches, a sore throat and a desire to walk in and tell the Dr. induce me!!!!!!!!!! Larry and I both felt like we were to wait on the induction. I am healthy, in shape and their is nothing wrong with the baby. Not to mention that the Lord has been speaking to my heart about how much control I take in my life and I need to learn to depend in HIM. I am a very strong willed, do it myself kinda girl. SO this being said, I am driving with both kids in the van and we are all being very quiet. Must be God because I have a 4 and a 2 year old. I decide to just turn on the radio for a sec and see if any music lifts my spirits.
And why I am I surprised that the song is speaking right to me. this was the chorus "Hold fast, Help is on the way, Hold fast, He comes to save the day" it is a song by Mercy Me and I just started crying. I turned off the music and began to just pour out my heart to the Lord about how I couldn't make the decision I believed I was to make(no induction) and if it was going to be His timing I was going to need Him to save me.
I got to the Dr. Mom has the kids by now and I walk into the office still red faced and tired. The nurse and I get to talking and I was able to tell her about the way the song touched my heart. She of course lit up like a Christmas tree and was telling me how God has spoken to her like that before too!

After being told by the Dr. no change see you next week and not feeling very saved of helped at all I spent the rest of the day farming out my kids and being by myself. Larry took me to House church to get prayed for and on the way this song came on the radio
"Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns

I was sure by now That You would have reached down And wiped our tears away Stepped in and saved the day But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining As the thunder rolls I barely hear Your whisper through the rain "I'm with you" And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives And takes away I'll praise You in this storm And I will lift my hands For You are who You are No matter where I am Every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand You never left my side And though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm I remember when I stumbled in the wind You heard my cry You raised me up again My strength is almost gone How can I carry on If I can't find You As the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you" And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives And takes away I lift my eyes unto the hills Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord The Maker of Heaven and Earth

No, I have not experienced loss unbearable but I am going through a storm and Lord knows that my family and especially my husband has suffered with me through this LONG pregnancy and an injury halfway through. I again cried out to the Lord and asked Him to be my help when I couldn't stand any longer in my own strength. I was so encouraged by the Body of Christ on Friday night. It truly helped me release some of the pain and pressure over to the Lord and my friends who were so kind. The scripture above was the focus for the evening and it hit the spot.

Larry has been home for the last three days because of Labor day and it couldn't have been better timing. I took naps, changed only a few diapers and he took care of all the meals and clean up. YES! THAT IS MY MAN, MR. LARRY VICK. Sunday I was reading

and just opened it up to read, It is set up like a devotional, and it was all about how Jesus did not respond to the URGENT need but always kept the Ultimate Goal as His first priority. WHOAH!! Is that what this little miss needed to hear or what. I am laying in bed begging God to let it be time because I am done and I need to have this baby soon before...before what??? What is so pressing that I need to be talking to God in this way. This way of "If you don't I am gonna..."
and to my knees(in my heart of course) I crumble and cry out to Him and say I am sorry for treating him like some voodoo god that I would walk away from if he didn't work it for me right then.

LORD! I will never walk away from you. You have been too good, so faithful and a treasure
worth any pain I might have to endure. I am blessed among the people because I am loved by you. You are my strength in this time and I will Hold Fast to see you come and save the day. I will continue to serve you until the day I die and worship you when I am at your feet in heaven. You alone are my Hope and when I see you I find strength to face the day, in your presence alone, all my fears are washed away!!

2 comments:

Brandt and Paige Deegan said...

Gosh girl... I checked the whole time we were out of town and was waiting on news! I loved reading you post today! It even encouraged me- it is great how God's words to you concerning pregnancy, gives me life too! Keep going!!

Gina said...

Char, thanks for writing that out--what an encouragement to wait and trust in the Lord! He knows so much more deeply than we can imagine...and remember that there are wonderful, important things happening right now with your little guy that are worth all of the struggle!

I love you very much and am praying for strength and grace for each moment. The Lord is faithful.

Can't wait to meet the little guy...