Ok I am done with things being sequential. The stress is just too much for me to try and make sure I have covered all of the previous events before I tell you about how we are today.
We are in Carpinteria, CA. It is gorgeous here. Our friends have welcomed us into their home and we have been here over a week. They have three kids and have been married just about 6 months longer then we have. They have a beautiful home and a dog that my kids have fallen in love with. We go somewhere new each day and the tide pools were a blast. The kids are doing great! We have been keeping up with school and they have loved being able to swim almost everyday. The sites they have seen are seared in their memory and it is coming out when I ask them to paint what they remember. We walked all over Santa Barbara yesterday and found a gem in the courthouse. The beach is beautiful, not hot at all and the people here are amazingly friendly
We thought we were going to head to Yosemite this week but God had other plans. We have met some people here in Cali and we are excited to see what might come of these friendships. One of them in particular is a family that lives in Roatan Honduras. It is a small island off the coast of Honduras. It is a very family friendly island and there is an opportunity for us to go on a family mission trip there in the Spring.
We also found a place to live in GA at least until the end of the year with very inexpensive rent as we re- group from our trip and see what is next for our family. It came out of nowhere and it is about 2 miles from Larry's brother and his family. They are really excited and we feel really good about it.
We are headed back east this weekend and will make stops along the way to camp and see friends. We are hoping to get our tent fixed today as it has torn in a very important area for holding the tent up and keeping it stable on the ground. Duck tape might have to do the trick but I might have to learn to do a little bit of nylon sewing. The right front tire has a slow leak so we will get that patched up today as well.
I feel like you have had a little snapshot into where we are at today and hope to keep the pictures coming from where we have been for you to enjoy.
We love you all!
1 comment:
Yea! Thanks for the update! I am excited for y'all and what the Lord has for you. Enjoy the last leg of your trip. It's been amazing to sit from the sidelines and watch/hear all about it. I know there will be more that we will hear about when you get home. Love you!
Post a Comment