Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Sweet Larry

We have walked some amazing roads together. Our story began at a dinner theater with a table full of his coworkers. I still have the flyer from that night. We kept looking into each others eyes and feeling the spark that most singles want to feel when they are looking for their mate.
 We left that evening with plans to meet at our favorite coffee shop in the morning. We both showed up with the same greeting card for one another. My family already knew him and loved him, as the days turned into weeks the time came where we "knew". I love to tell people that we fell in love while driving listening to Norah Jones. He took me to a wedding in Canada and it was on that 13 hour drive that I began to see that this was the man I could commit my heart to no matter what happened. I wrote it in my journal and I love that I can go back to that moment in time.

We just passed the 9th anniversary of that trip together. It came while we were on another trip. Our trip across the US. It was then that I realized I had fallen for this man all over again. If you have been married or in a relationship for any period of time you know you have your bumps in the road. We have been through quite a few. Having three kids(this can be thrilling and the hardest thing all at the same time), moving 3 times, dealing with aging parents, changing churches and the reality that day to day life is just not naturally romantic! These take its toll and you go to a place where you have to fight with all your might for what you know is right. For what you know God joined together and what the enemy would so love to rip apart.

Larry has been worth every thing I have had to lose so that I could keep him. My pride, material comforts and obsession with my insecurities. He is a faithful disciple of the Lord. He loves God over me, family and others. But because of that passion he loves us, here on earth, in way that makes you feel at rest in his presence. He can laugh, sing and make a good joke(every once in awhile). He is respectful to those in authority but KNOWS the truth and will gracefully put anyone in their place if they are venturing away from the straight and narrow. This includes ...me!

We have seen grief first hand this week and in going to the services and supporting the family through the loss I am walking away from it so very grateful for what God has so graciously given me. Larry is a blessing and I am taking note of the life of God he brings to our family and the lives of those around us!

I love you baby!
Ecc.7:2
It is better to go to a house of mourning

than to go to a house of feasting,

for death is the destiny of everyone;

the living should take this to heart.

No comments: