After a week where I lost my temper, spun a terrible web of busyness and only pulled away a few times to Refresh. I really needed to read this post today. Sally Clarkson has encouraged me so many times. It never fails that on the day I decide to take a few minutes to read her blog or book(I have two) it bears witness with my heart. It reminds me of the truths that are important.
After a terrible day, my husband watched the kids and made dinner so I could go to the store on my way to a homeschool womens encouragement meeting. In addition he encouraged me to get the dress from the store I had been eyeing for a few weeks. I was able to get a new dress today and though it did put a smile on my face. It felt great to pretend for a moment I was a pretty as I felt... inside and out. I had to be honest and say to myself, what I had said to Katherine just a few days before. "Now if you will just act as beautful as you look that would be great" Man, how those words rung in my head as I paid for and walked out with my cute little holiday bag. We are all like this at times and it is in these moments when I need to hear from faithful women who have gone before. Those jewels of wisdom fill me on the inside. They remind me of what is really beauty and it is found in sweet simple things. Like the three little faces that greet me every morning with expectant eyes about what we might do or experience today. It is when I choose to give grace instead of an attitude. It is when I stop thinking so much about what I need and see how much I have that beauty starts to show all around me. I pray that I see tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment