The wee one inside of me doesn't feel so small. My belly is straight out this pregnancy and I feel stretched to the limit. My skin hurts if I wear rough fabric. I take a shower every night and it has really helped me sleep. It is not deep uninterrupted sleep but it is good and I don't have the effects of the Ambien the next day. In the long run I am glad I am not taking the medicine. Evenings are the worst time because I can't just sit in the couch next to Larry and be comfortable. I am constantly adjusting to a new position. Sitting on the exercise ball is the best. I am not craving anything anymore just want to have the baby. I eat to have strength to do what I need to to but not so much to make me feel better anymore. Holding a baby will be what causes my heart to be full at this stage.
Dr. visits are usually uneventful and he teases me every week. When I leave he always sais "See you next week" Either way he will see me, if I have a baby or if I come in for a checkup. Tricky!! He is great though. I am confident in his experience and care for all of his patients and the nurses at the hospital always talk about how wonderful he is. Friday was me 38 week appointment and Larry came to watch the kids. He was so helpful, this visit ended up being a full exam visit and the kids were with him running the breezeway and seeing the new babies in the nursery. The results of the visit were very encouraging and currently my cervix is soft, head down, and 1 1/2 cm dilated. At this stage with Evan I was about the same and had him three days later! We are close people-YAY! He wanted to talk about induction but reserved himself because of the complications with results from a test that I took two weeks ago. That was a blessing because if he would have offered I am pretty sure the temptation would have been strong to accept the offer. The planner in me would love to know exactly when I am going to have a baby.
Well, from this extremely large, pregnant, tired, ready, young woman to all of you siestas out there. I hope my next post tells you I am in labor.
1 comment:
We missed you this weekend, but we can't wait to hear the good news that your little one has been born. Hang in there, sweet mommy!
Post a Comment