Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Clean


At this point we are in Laramie, WY. We arrived late yesterday afternoon and had a really wonderful time taking showers! The kids of course didn't even notice but Lawd we was stinky! The camping adventures will be a different post all together.

We are headed North today to a family who has offered to host us. Again, this is a family that has never met us but knows our friends in ATL. They have some children and heard about our trip yesterday and we will be staying with them tonight! Yesterday I was in tears about planning and figuring it all out and within a few hours this family came out of nowhere. It is not that I didn't believe a place would show up but after not sleeping very well, being tired from the camping and to be honest NO BREAKS I had a quite a tearful time in the middle of a restaurant in Estes yesterday. We were trying to figure out where to drive and what we could safely accomplish in one day. At the time we were searching the Internet to find a hotel in Laramie and were struggling to find something available. I know now it was difficult to find a room because all the kids are going back to college in Laramie and a ton of freshman have all of their parents with them to drop them off. This is the only college in WY. That means lots of folks in hotel rooms. We found a "run down" hotel as Katherine put it. As we arrived my flesh was screaming. I wanted to be safe, comfortable and not have to worry about the bathroom.
 THE LORD IS GOOD! Y'all we walked in and besides the carpet being worn, it has been a great place to stay. We showered and headed to town to eat. It was a breezy evening and as we waited for our table we walked around town. The picture was taken on top of the footbridge right in the middle of town. All of the train cars and tracks were underneath and the kids loved having a train go underneath us. As we were eating I got a wonderful e-mail from Jess(friend in Atl) letting me know that the family in WY was home and available. After such an emotional day I was so thankful that the Lord was blessing us despite my lack of faith.
I am planning to give more detail about our camping trip. It is a story to tell! Not so much ministry as refining me, Larry and our family as a whole.

Prayer request- Larry and I will have some time to talk today as we drive. We were so busy camping that we fell into bed at night exhausted. Also that we will be a blessing to this family we are staying with. making time to hear from the Lord ways that we can encourage them in word and deed

No comments: