It is hilarious to me how I have never met most of you wonderful siestas yet I think about you throughout my week. This week I had Sunni on my mind because of all of the wonderful dinners and desserts I have had because of her blog. Being pregnant hasn't helped!! As soon as she posts something delicious I automatically am craving it until it is made. So far I have made her potatoes, chocolate brownie pie, and BBQ muffin cups. Sunni this one is for you!!
Huevos Rancheros with Zucchini and Green Pepper- Cooking Light
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 C diced zucchini
1/2 C diced green bell pepper
1/4 C water
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp black pepper
(just so you know all of the seasoning I did to taste because we like it flavorful)
1 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
4 6in. corn tortillas (soft or hard work fine)
4 large eggs
1/3 C Cheddar chz
2 tsp fresh cilantro
Saute zucchini and bell pepper for 6 minutes in evoo
add water and next four ingredients(through tomatoes) Cover and simmer
Warm tortillas
Cook your eggs so that they are poached style similar to Eggs benedict
Slip eggs on top of tomato mixture sprinkle with cheese and cover until melted
Place a tortilla on your plate and spoon egg and tomato mixture on top
Sprinkle with fresh cilantro
I served this dinner with a side of mexican rice and of course topped it with Sour cream, salsa and the best, Tabasco green!
Enjoy!!!
1 comment:
Hey-the only day I have off that we are in town will be 4/7 (Monday) just let me know- nap time is 12-2 pm
Post a Comment