Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Quiet

I sit here this morning in silence. My children are gone, my husband's at work and it is so quiet. Let me be a little more specific about the quiet, what I hear is quiet, but my mind is very busy. I have been by myself since about 4:15 yesterday and it is taking quite sometime to get my mind to receive the rest and quiet that this break is sure to give. I find first of all a list of things that I could do without kids. Like every mom, first on that list is cleaning uninterrupted. The beautiful way my house could look for more then 8 hours, the crumbs eliminated from my feet, the bath toys out of the sink, the toothpaste off of the counter, the dirty diaper finally in a grocery sack, the shoes in the closet, oh my! the list can go on and on. How do I not do anything and not feel bad???
My husband told me, enjoy the day, rest , do what you want to do and I will see you tonight. This of course was said with a smile that leads me to believe that I should be prepared for that wonderful Marriage ministry.
Overall I am battling feeling guilty for not doing what I think should be done here at the house with hours free from children and a schedule. If you know me I have been home more and today I was just going to be home doing chores and loving on my kids. I guess it really causes me to examine who I am when I am alone. Part of me wants to just go be with somebody else or be BUSY so that I don't listen to what is on the inside. Another part of me is confident that when I get alone and especially in His presence, I am satisfied more then any friend or shopping spree could provide. As I think about it I really love good music and it changes my whole perspective every time I listen and allow the words to effect me. Siesta's I believe I have found my way!! I am going to go listen and worship the Most Holy God and have an absolutely wonderful day.

2 comments:

All4my3princesses! said...

I know the Lord loves having you all to Himself! I love you Charlotte and hope to talk to you soon! Lauren <><

About Nancy said...

Oh praise God you decided to spend your quiet time worshipping the Lord. I have often felt the way you did this day when you were alone. When ever I'd get a time of quiet, I could never enjoy it, because I felt so "rushed" to soak it all in! If I sat and rested it felt like a waste, but if i caught up on all the work it felt like any other day. Dedicating the time to sit at our Father's feet is truly the best way to spend our time!

Thanks for sharing. Your family is beautiful.
In Him,
Nancy