Pages

Monday, February 02, 2009

Challenging Day

It is rough being a Mom.

I have only been at this for about 4 1/2 years now and the challenges that have come since bearing children have, at times, overwhelmed me. I guess the Lord let us know ahead of time that it would be tough. I mean let's get real we had to carry them through much pain and suffering for 40 weeks before they ever arrived, not to mention the labor and birth. I have prayed many times for the love of God to be in my children and now I find myself today saying, Please Lord let your love be in me. It is a time when nothing specific is being done to me it is a combination of things going on with all three of them that has put me in a funk. I have cried, I have prayed, I have talked with other Mom's. So far the release has not happened so I am hanging on to the verse "He will not give you more then you can bear". Does that include the bear that I have become???? Maybe I need to start there. ME, what is happening inside of me that is causing such a roar? Have I been pressing into Him? Am I spending time resting in His love for me and meditating on the eternal perspective? Why does what other people want from me in regards to being a mom coming before what He has said to me? I am searching and I am depending on My Lord and Savior to take this broken woman and show me the way to Peace. Show me the way to wholeness. Show me the way to be consistent with time with Him. The truth is in me and I want to let it make me free!
As I write the kids are refusing to take naps. they are singing laughing and talking to each other through their walls. It is just one of those days.

1 comment:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Totally hear ya, friend! There are those days! Praying that today is such a wonderful day for y'all!