Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Host homes

We left knowing 4 places that we would stay. They were located in TN and CA. They were families we knew and considered friends. If you have followed our journey you know we have stopped many times and we are not yet to CA. That leaves alot of space in-between. Our support system back home looked over their list of contacts and called many friends about hosting us.
The Mills in Kansas City agreed and we stayed with them for three nights. She made us dinner, gave us their basement, bought groceries and let my kids play with her grandkids toys. They were a couple who were celebrating over 35 years of marriage and commitment to the Lord for longer then that.  They provided a haven for me and I slept so much while I was there. Did I mention we had never met them? Yet, because of the bond of Christ we were family by the end of the first day.
Another couple were located in Buffalo, WY. Not only did I not know them but I didn't even know there was a town with that name in WY.  Twenty four hours before we walked into her home she heard about us and said with much excitement...Yes send them to me! Now hearing about how small their towns are I understand a little more clearly why that southern girl from GA was jumping at the chance to have someone visit :)  The point is God has established a people and they are spread to the ends of the earth. We are connected whether we know one another or not. We have been overwhelmed by the love we felt in both if these homes. I would encourage you in this, if you haven't had someone over in awhile...Do! If you hear of someone needing  a place...Invite them in. You will find Jesus in the person sitting across from you at the table and you won't be the same.

1 comment:

Steve Vick said...

That's a beautiful story and fills me with God's love just to hear it. And Charlotte, you have a wonderful writing style. Keep it up! steve