Today, I am talking about today not backposting from our vacation.
I am behind!!! I am exhausted and No, I am not pregnant. Since before vacation I am have been so busy. I could go back and tell you why but right now I can't figure it out for the life of me. Now we are home and I am trying hard to get back into routine but events keep taking me by surprise and I am frustrated. I think it would take me a solid day without ANY distractions to catch up. All of you know I have three little ones that are in need of my care constantly. Nap time is a great time to rush around but like many of you I am taking a Bible Study right now and I need to those precious quiet times to do my homework. We are also taking on a huge emotional event as well...Counseling.
Everything is fine actually but like most couples you can use a little help in communication. My man wanted us to go so that we don't get caught in a really bad cycle and have to work HARD to get out. We are still fairly new at marriage, 7years, and we have accomplished quite a bit already. Now granted we have never moved but we have gone overseas, changed churches, mourned a loss, watched his mom suffer from Alzheimer's and a host of other things. needless to say we have been busy. So, we started counseling about a month ago and after our second session I had to admit she new what she was doing and we are doing a lot better. Not without a ton of introspection, prayer, tears and a glance into my past that is most times difficult. We usually go on Thursdays and that would mean today. Can I say that part of me is so caught in what might be said tonight that I have a hard time being emotionally present right now. She has caused some old wounds to open up and I am not sure I have dealt with those all the way yet. because like the title of this post I am behind!!
All this is said to say to you, are you stopping to take care of your heart in the midst of LIFE? I am not doing a thing today except go to the gym. Exercise always help me get frustrations out and then I am just going to BE today. Spend time on the floor with my kids, pray, nap, cry and whatever else helps my heart to remember I am not where I once was. But because of the wonderful grace of my Savior I can and have overcome and I have a testimony to share of the amazing things I have in my life right now.
2 comments:
It's nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog. When I read your post about distractions, I felt my heart reach out to you. Life with children is distractions and interruptions, isn't it? It's good, but it isn't always easy.
Also -- loved your pix from previous posts of the Smokies; it's one of my all-time favorite places to go. :)
you continue to inspire me! you know how connected i feel we are in our hearts and the way you say things in your blog really challenges me...i think because you are challenging yourself and not others. does that make sense? anyways, your openness is so amazing and really inspires me to follow your footsteps and take this time to focus on my heart and my husband and our marriage...its never too early to start, right? :) thanks for blogging. don't let it overwhelm you, but i always enjoy it and appreciate when you do have the time to share with us! love you!
Post a Comment