Can I just say that the day when I know I will get a haircut comes with such turmoil. I always look at TONS of pictures and try to decide what I will do. Short, Layers, bangs and then the just simple trim. My man LOVE's my hair long and doesn't think I ever need to touch it but of course being a woman I see the split ends and think to myself it has been...uh...yeah I think it was Sept.
So today is haircut day, it is raining, it is cold, and my hair looks pretty good. I have been loving the length and want to keep it, but I still look at pictures and wonder how different I could look. Do you know that I have NEVER colored my hair? Yep it has been this same Dark brown color all my life and every Summer I think of doing highlights but I have never taken the plunge.
What about you...is haircut day exciting? Does it always mean change? Does your stylist see you and know exactly what is going to be done because you do the same thing every time??
I am sure I will look the same today I am not feeling too adventurous with all the other stuff going on in my life.
2 comments:
Hello....
I came over here from Karen's blog. I met her recently in Houston. Precious woman of God!!
Every time I go get my hair cut and highlighted my hair gal says "So what are we going to do today?"
It's always the same 'ole boring answer.....I guess just keep it the same.
One time she looked at my little card she keeps on file and we both got tickled because it said....."Same, same, same...." :)
Just wanted you to know that even though I don't know you, I read that you're going through a tough time and I'll be praying. I just had the best quiet time with God this morning. I definitely always feel so refreshed after I've been with Him in His Word.
Love & blessings from Oklahoma!
Valerie
nice post :) funny to know about you!! i think you should go for a few simple highlights this summer..you have the skin for it ;)
as for me...i used to get all crazy and stressed about haircuts when i was a teenager and then i just started seeing it as something fun. so i usually try to do something different a lot of the times and really i even go to a different hair dresser pretty much all the time because i like the changes and whenever i go to the same one, they cut the same exact way!
the interesting part is the first cut in egypt...i was super nervous and spent 3 times as much as anyone else b/c i was scared they don't know how to cut thin straight hair! he did a good job, but i've already switched and the last guy was awesome...i'll repeat him at least once ;) hehe.
seriously miss you!! i miss these kind of conversations!!
Post a Comment